Friday, July 11, 2008

Recap: June 9th @The Pharoah's Den

This show was pretty decent. I think it would've gone a little better if 7 gen and Lie and Wait had not cancelled but I'm sure they had their reasons. I showed up a little late and was bummed to miss Thomas' and Eric's (of Restrained) new band Bad Lovers. I'm sure they were awesome though. Then OneXChoice and Cape Fear jumped on and rocked it. Good fuckin' stuff. Then it was time for our set. It was a little strange opening up the set with time for change but I still liked it. It gets a really energetic start out of everybody and I hope we can really start doing that more once the full length drops. The only thing bad about it is that it leaves us without a closer because Dried Tears doesn't seem to cut it, maybe we'll try ending with Let This Go next time and see how that pans out. The rest of the set was really fun though and I hope once the record comes out that more people start to respond to the new stuff. After us, Die Young played a really solid set as usual. Overall this show was cool it was like we were just playing to a room of friends which was pretty rad for us and probably not so rad for Die Young seeing as how they were on tour and everything but I'm sure they got paid, Andy and Nate are great dudes and would never stiff anybody, and I wish them the best of luck on the rest of their tour.

I don't really have a relevant pictures to post so here's a picture of some cool Microphones and another of little Bryan moshing like a robot.
On a side note my side band Wunami just started recording yesterday at Noise Pollution for a 4 song demo. If you haven't heard us check out some rough recordings over at myspace.com/wunami . We go back in today to finish up the drums and hopefully we'll have everything done within 2 weeks. Thanks for reading. -matt

No comments: